Job title: Investment Associate
Organization: Finding XY Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Founded in 2017, Finding XY is an innovation center and business advisory firm that supports SMEs and ecosystem builders by providing Investment and capacity building services to entrepreneurs in East Africa. Finding XY services include low-cost Investment, Project Consulting, Business Advisory and Research. www.findingxy.com
1.Mobilize and support ecosystem builders that are passionate about business.
2.Design and implement services that are relevant to the challenges businesses face.
3.Provide customized one on one services to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Investment Associate who will take the lead and also be a critical member of the Finding XY team responsible for driving pipeline growth, new and existing investor relations, and investment.
- Perform financial due diligence and analysis on portfolio companies and recommend an investment decision. This includes conducting of profitability analysis of overall business and business units.
- Build pipeline of investment ready companies and screen potential businesses for investment, based on various operational, financial, and ESG criteria.
- Support investor sourcing, investment negotiation and deal execution process
- Carry out preliminary assessment and due diligence to verify if sourced companies meet a predefined investment criteria for the fund or company.
- Preparing and verifying strategic documents of the portfolio companies including financial documents, investor deck and business plan for presentation to potential and current investors.
- Target to see to it that investment deals are closed in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide post investment support including monitoring performance of portfolio companies.
- Prepare quality reports supporting investment activities to be shared with donors, and Investors.
- Liaising with the Invest team and CEO with a view to improving deal closure and portfolio performance.
- Conducting market research on different sectors and gather market intelligence to guide the company and the portfolio companies’ investment rational.
- Ensuring that all investment compliance regulations are met.
- Provide technical assistance to portfolio companies.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor.
Preferred Qualities for this Role
At least a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in Finance or Economics;
Generally more than six (6) years of relevant professional experience in a fund or a similar institution and/or in strategic consultancy, business development, legal and transaction structuring.
Sense of initiative and innovation in proposing solutions to client needs;
Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
First-hand knowledge of private sector investments and techniques
Sound knowledge of tailored transaction structuring options for sector-based investments.
Experience with aggregation and pooling structures for investors
Proven ability to integrate socio, environmental and economic indicators in the model
How to Apply:
Send your Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to email@example.com
Finding XY is an equal opportunity employer, both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.
For more information about this position, visit our website on www.findingxy.com or call us on +256 759-681-506 .