The Women in Agriculture Impact Investment (WAII) facility is a blended finance program that addresses the challenges of access to finance for agribusiness enterprises. The facility unlocks capital for agribusiness that have a strong gender lens business model. Female owned enterprises struggle to access ﬁnancial services due lack of collateral (e.g. ownership of property), cultural restrictions, differing attitudes toward borrowing ﬁnancing and limited access to affordable investment services or tailored technical assistance. Innovate ﬁnance is needed in order to unlock funds for the “missing middle”, those entrepreneurs too mature for Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs) and too unattractive for commercial banks.
Through the facility, Agri businesses will access:
- Investment Readiness support including refining or developing your strategy documents.
- One on One Business Advisory
- Acess to low risk capital using a blended finance approach
- Technical Assistance to raise further debt and equity investment
- Building Networks with like minded entreprnuers and investors
- Identify and provide tailored advisory and financial solutions to Agri-enterprises to adapt and improve operations to succeed in raising capital.
- Strengthen inclusion of women, youth, and displaced persons across the agriculture value chain using a gender lens approach.
- Leverage financing from DFIs and development agencies to unlock private capital.
- Agri SMEs getting increased access to support-services and low risk capital
- Agri SMEs scaling up their operations creating more social and environmental impact.
- Registered as a private company (limited by shared or guarantee) or as a registered
- Engaged in agriculture or processing
- Female representative at ownership or decision-making level.
- Have been in operation for at least 2 years.
- The enterprise should have a social and environmental impact
- The enterprise should have an Investment Need: Debt or Equity
For more information:
Contact us on:
Tel: +256 759 681506