Job title: Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Organization: Finding XY Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Managing Director
About Finding XY
Founded in 2017, Finding XY is an innovation center and business advisory firm that supports SMEs and ecosystem builders by providing Investment and capacity building services to entrepreneurs in East Africa. Finding XY services include low-cost Investment, Project Consulting, Business Advisory and Research. At Finding XY, we believe that every entrepreneur should be supported, and our mission is to provide enterprise solutions to companies and business leaders through business advisory services that involve enterprise support, investment, and project consulting. We partner with clients from the public, nonprofit sectors, private and international organizations in all sectors across all regions to address the most critical challenges and transform enterprises. Our unconventional based approach combined with our experience in portfolio monitoring and evaluation, managing impact programs, implementing projects, providing technical assistance, and helping enterprises become investment ready, have made us competitive in the market.
- Mobilize and support ecosystem builders that are passionate about business.
- Design and implement services that are relevant to the challenges businesses face.
- Provide customized one on one services to our clients.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager who will take the lead, and also be a critical member of the Finding XY team responsible for driving pipeline growth, new and existing client relationships, and business development.
Key tasks on which performance will be measured include:
- Oversight and performance of fundraising.
- Oversight and delivery of Business Development Programs.
- Building relations with local and international funders, INGOs, development agencies, Government or policy agencies, academia, and private Sector.
- Oversight on communicating BDS projects to multipliers, target SMEs and public
- Writing fundraising proposals, responding to calls for proposals, and developing fundraising strategies for company. Fundraising is a key component of this role; the officer must spend a substantial amount of time in building networks and relationship with prospective funders and partners.
- Organizing and managing business development training workshops as per company training methodologies and toolkits. The officer will coordinate internal trainings together with Business advisors to surpass participants’ expectations. The officer will participate in developing and refining tools or modules.
- Support the implementation of the company’s projects by addressing or predicting needs. This includes sourcing for pipeline of SMEs, inviting potential participants to the programs, and onboarding partners.
- Develop partnerships with prospective clients - locally and internationally. Typical clients will include development agencies, financial Institutions, INGOs implementing enterprise development programs, funds, and Institutional investors. The Business Development Manager will build such strategic relationship in close collaboration with the Managing Director.
- Have an extensive network of potential clients for desirable business consultant services
- Ability to effectively communicate and represent the company in a professional manner, and think independently
- Ability to ensure all project activities under her/his control are completed within agreed timelines and ensure anticipated delays are communicated in time.
- Strong presentation, writing, negotiation skills, interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to elaborate partnership projects and grant proposals
- Ability to perform under time pressure, multiple tasks, be flexible, work independently, manage multiple tasks, and work effectively in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Inventiveness, discretion, mature judgment, and an entrepreneurial spirit are essential qualities for the role.
- Innovation and strategic thinking are highly valued.
- Capable of conducting business development trainings.
- Experience in fundraising, partnerships, and Business Development Services, with 5 + years of industry-relevant experience.
- Advanced degree in business, finance or a related field is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in building relationships and managing a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Experience in managing and writing proposals for US Agency for International Development (USAID), European Union, foundations and donors
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the kind of person we are looking for, Send your Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding XY is an equal opportunity employer; both male and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application Deadline: 20th April,2022. Interviews will be conducted on rolling basis.