Are you a female entrepreneur? Do you support women-led enterprises? Cente Ya Kikazi is for you!
Cente Ya Kikazi is aimed at accelerating the efforts to improve access to finance,skills strengthening and creating an innovative and effective economicatmosphere for Women-led Small & Medium Enterprises (WSMEs).Cente Ya Kikazi is delivered through Entrepreneurship Institute of Africa (EIA) with support from Village Capital, Enventure, and Finding XY, the parent body.
The rationale for Cente Ya Kikazi is that while formal Women-Led SMEs represent31 to 38 percent of all SMEs in emerging markets), the average growth rate ofwomen’s enterprises is significantly lower than the average growth rate for SMEsrun by men. Several factors including difficulties in access to finance & capacitybuilding have contributed to the slow growth of women-owned businesses.
Application form: http://bit.ly/CYK2021
Deadline: 31st August 2021
Here are the top benefits to the female entrepreneurs:
- Business development support from expert Business Advisors focused on developing growth and financial plans to successfully scale their business
- Bankable business plans and financial models
- Access to concessional business loans – selected viable enterprises to receive business loans of up to Ugx 7,500,000 with only a 40% collateral requirement.
- Strategic Partnerships and Networking Opportunities
- Awareness Training on Gender-related Issues
- Mentorship from experienced players in the business space.
Cente Ya Kikazi is strictly for female-led enterprises with the following attributes:
- In operation for at least 1 year
- The woman entrepreneur should own at least 80% of the enterprise
- Eligible sectors: Agriculture, Renewable Energy, ICT, Tourism, Manufacturing, Education, and Financial Services
- Should be registered by a relevant body and based in Uganda
- An enthusiastic & motivated team
Training Duration: 9 weeks | once a week | 2 hrs
Mode of delivery: Online
Program fees: Ugx 500,000 (payable in installments) - 25% discounts are available for group enrolments (of at least 3 women entrepreneurs being facilitated/enrolling under a network/group e.g. SACCO, VSLA, Cooperative, etc).
For more information information, please contact the EIA Coordinator:
Merab Twinomugisha | firstname.lastname@example.org | +256 750 969560